The John Lind House was erected in 1887 by Minnesota’s 14th Governor, John Lind. This stately house was often the center of the community’s cultural activities. Its elegant Queen Anne architecture and historical significance have allowed it to be placed on the National Register of Historic Buildings. The Lind House has been beautifully renovated to match its original elegance. The home has been owned and maintained by the non-profit Lind House Association since 1983.